Seasoned Croutons Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Pinch salt
- 6 slices day-old bread, cubed
- 1. In an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan, combine the butter, oil and seasonings. Heat in a 300° oven until butter is melted. Remove from the oven; stir to combine.
- 2. Add bread cubes and toss to coat. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Cool. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Yield: 3 cups.
1/4 cup: 60 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 111mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Seasoned Croutons
"Good, quick croutons. Had issues gauging the quantity of 6 slices of bread for appropriate seasoning to bread ratio. My bread was small in diameter."
"The seasoning is excellent. For a different flavor, omit the basil and oregano and try dill."
"Great with the Caesar Salad recipe in the same issue."
"Fast and easy !!! Taste very good !!!"
"The croutons were tasty. I had to cook them a little longer than listed to crisp them up more; otherwise, the recipe was easy and quick."
"I like that these croutons are a low-sodium alternative to packaged croutons from the grocery store."
"I had alot of leftover french bread.I doubled the recipe...I made these and we had them in our salad and nibbled at the rest for a snack..Everybody enjoyed them."
"Even my kids loved these! Great Hit at our house and a great way to use up old bread!"