Seasoned Croutons Recipe
My homemade croutons make any salad outstanding.—Shelley McKinney, New Castle, Indiana
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Pinch salt
- 6 slices day-old bread, cubed
- 1. In an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan, combine the butter, oil and seasonings. Heat in a 300° oven until butter is melted. Remove from the oven; stir to combine.
- 2. Add bread cubes and toss to coat. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Cool. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Yield: 3 cups.
1/4 cup equals 60 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 111 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC