- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Pinch salt
- 6 slices day-old bread, cubed
- In an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan, combine the butter, oil and seasonings. Heat in a 300° oven until butter is melted. Remove from the oven; stir to combine.
- Add bread cubes and toss to coat. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Cool. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Yield: 3 cups.
Reviews for Seasoned Croutons
"These are tasty! The seasoning combination is right on, and they toasted up nicely. They tasted great on a lettuce salad with homemade ranch! I did have to toast mine a little longer than what the recipe called for, but otherwise they came out perfect!"
"The seasoning is excellent. For a different flavor, omit the basil and oregano and try dill."
"Great with the Caesar salad recipe in the same issue."
"Fast and easy !!! Taste very good !!!"
"The croutons were tasty. I had to cook them a little longer than listed to crisp them up more; otherwise, the recipe was easy and quick."
"I like that these croutons are a low-sodium alternative to packaged croutons from the grocery store."
"Even my kids loved these! Great Hit at our house and a great way to use up old bread!"