- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Pinch salt
- 6 slices day-old bread, cubed
- In an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan, combine the butter, oil and seasonings. Heat in a 300° oven until butter is melted. Remove from the oven; stir to combine.
- Add bread cubes and toss to coat. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Cool. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Yield: 3 cups.
Reviews for Seasoned Croutons
"Good, quick croutons. Had issues gauging the quantity of 6 slices of bread for appropriate seasoning to bread ratio. My bread was small in diameter."
"The seasoning is excellent. For a different flavor, omit the basil and oregano and try dill."
"Great with the Caesar Salad recipe in the same issue."
"Fast and easy !!! Taste very good !!!"
"The croutons were tasty. I had to cook them a little longer than listed to crisp them up more; otherwise, the recipe was easy and quick."