- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Pinch salt
- 6 slices day-old bread, cubed
- In an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan, combine the butter, oil and seasonings. Heat in a 300° oven until butter is melted. Remove from the oven; stir to combine.
- Add bread cubes and toss to coat. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Cool. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Yield: 3 cups.
Reviews for Seasoned Croutons(6)
Sort By :
Great with the Caesar Salad recipe in the same issue.
Fast and easy !!! Taste very good !!!
The croutons were tasty. I had to cook them a little longer than listed to crisp them up more; otherwise, the recipe was easy and quick.
I like that these croutons are a low-sodium alternative to packaged croutons from the grocery store.
I had alot of leftover french bread.I doubled the recipe...I made these and we had them in our salad and nibbled at the rest for a snack..Everybody enjoyed them.