Seasoned Crab Cakes Recipe
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 cup cubed bread
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine crab and bread cubes. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, mayonnaise, cream, lemon juice, butter, seafood seasoning, Worcestershire sauce and salt. Add to crab mixture and mix gently (mixture will be moist).
- Place bread crumbs in a shallow dish. Drop crab mixture by 1/3 cupfuls into crumbs; shape each into a 3/4-in.-thick patty. Carefully turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- In a large skillet, cook crab cakes in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crispy. Yield: 8 crab cakes.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Seasoned Crab Cakes(1)
Sort By :
You want a tasty crabcake just use the receipe on the Old Bay Seasoning can. I am a Marylander and we do not bread our crab cakes. You make mix some crumbs in with the crab meat but the above sounds like someone that has never eaten a Md crab cake.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Comfort Food Appetizers >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Crab Cakes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >