Seasoned Couscous Recipe
"Partner it with delicious Seasoned Couscous, and you have a winner," Ruth says. Flecked with basil and parsley, the speedy stovetop side dish comes together in a snap.
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package (10 ounces) couscous
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in couscous. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 185 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 305 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC