- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package (10 ounces) couscous
- In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in couscous. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Seasoned Couscous
"I found this to be just a bit on the bland side. To add more flavor I stirred in some feta. Using garlic salt instead might also work.Update: my 2-year old son LOVES this, and he hates everything. For that alone I'm rating that at a 4 instead of a 3. I'll leave his portions alone, and add feta or parmesan to our portions. I did try the boxed stuff (that's pre-flavored) and it's pretty yucky compared to this."
"Excellent side dish! I like the flavors just as it is."
"We just love couscous, and this is a pretty good recipe. We had it with TOH Peanutty Pork Kabobs.....complimented each other very well.....something different, something other than rice!"
"I have never made couscous before... and this was so easy and quick. So nice to have something different than rice with a fish dinner.I did add abit more of each seasoning and some fresh parsley and it had alot of flavour. My husband loved it... so I'll be making it again! (I loved it too!)"
"I used crushed garlic and was a little heavier on the seasonings. I thought it turned out well and it was very quick"
"I made this with organic whole wheat couscous. It was totally delicious! I served it with Tangy Parmesan Tilapia -- fast and yummy dinner!"
"Made this tonight for the first time and it was just ok. Not sure what to add to it, maybe more garlic powder but it needs more spice to really be 'seasoned'. It was very quick and easy though!"