- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package (10 ounces) couscous
- In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in couscous. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Seasoned Couscous
Sort By :
"I found this to be just a bit on the bland side. To add more flavor I stirred in some feta. Using garlic salt instead might also work."
"Excellent side dish! I like the flavors just as it is."
"We just love couscous, and this is a pretty good recipe. We had it with TOH Peanutty Pork Kabobs.....complimented each other very well.....something different, something other than rice!"
"I have never made couscous before... and this was so easy and quick. So nice to have something different than rice with a fish dinner.I did add abit more of each seasoning and some fresh parsley and it had alot of flavour. My husband loved it... so I'll be making it again! (I loved it too!)"
"I used crushed garlic and was a little heavier on the seasonings. I thought it turned out well and it was very quick"