Seasoned Corn with Bacon Recipe
Bacon adds a smoky twist to this special side seasoned with basil and lemon pepper. It'll go with just about any grilled main dish. Melissa Just — Minneapolis, Minnesota
- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 1-2/3 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1/2 teaspoon drippings.
- 2. Saute the corn, onion, garlic powder, lemon-pepper and basil in reserved drippings until corn is tender. Stir in bacon. Yield: 2 servings.
2/3 cup equals 167 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 181 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC