Bacon adds a smoky twist to this special side seasoned with basil and lemon pepper. It'll go with just about any grilled main dish. Melissa Just — Minneapolis, Minnesota
- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 1-2/3 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1/2 teaspoon drippings.
- Saute the corn, onion, garlic powder, lemon-pepper and basil in reserved drippings until corn is tender. Stir in bacon. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Seasoned Corn with Bacon in Simple & Delicious March/April 2010, p25
Reviews for Seasoned Corn with Bacon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review