Seasoned Chicken Strips
These strips are designed for kids, but tasty enough for company. The tender strips are moist and juicy and would also be great on a salad. —Becky Oliver, Fairplay, Colorado
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- In a shallow bowl, combine the egg substitute, mustard and garlic. In
- another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, basil, paprika, salt
- and pepper. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then roll in crumbs.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400°
- for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and juices run clear. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3 ounces cooked chicken equals 188 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 525 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.