Seasoned Chicken Strips
Becky Oliver of Fairplay, Colorado says these strips are designed for kids, but tasty enough for company. They tender strips are moist and juicy and would also be great on a salad.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- In a shallow bowl, combine the egg substitute, mustard and garlic. In
- another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, basil, paprika, salt
- and pepper. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then roll in crumbs.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400°
- for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and juices run clear. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3 ounces cooked chicken equals 188 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 525 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.