Seasoned Brown Rice
I serve the stir-fry over the rice for a tasty no-fuss meal. For maximum flavor, use your fingertips to crumble the dried basil directly into the cooked rice.—Betsy Larimer, Somerset, Pennsylvania
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup long grain brown rice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring water and rice to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 35-45 minutes or until water is absorbed and
- rice is tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 118 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 157 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.