I serve the stir-fry over the rice for a tasty no-fuss meal. For maximum flavor, use your fingertips to crumble the dried basil directly into the cooked rice.—Betsy Larimer, Somerset, Pennsylvania
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup long grain brown rice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring water and rice to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 35-45 minutes or until water is absorbed and rice is tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Seasoned Brown Rice in Light & Tasty February/March 2005, p14
Reviews for Seasoned Brown Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review