Seasoned Broccoli Spears
Dressing up broccoli is a snap with this recipe from our Test Kitchen staff. They flavored fresh spears with lemon-pepper, garlic salt and thyme.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh broccoli, cut into spears
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Place the broccoli in a microwave-safe bowl; add water. Cover and
- microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until tender; drain. Stir in
- the remaining ingredients. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 66 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 285 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.