Seasoned Broccoli Spears for Two
Add a few simple herbs to this microwave-fast recipe for a nutritious veggie side dish. Melissa Just - Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- Dash pepper
- Place broccoli in a small microwave-safe bowl. Combine the remaining
- ingredients. Pour over broccoli; toss to coat. Cover and microwave
- on high for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 38 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 142 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.