Seasoned Baked Potatoes
Her friends still remember these crisp, delicious potatoes brushed with basil, garlic and onion salt that Ruth Andrewson of Peck, Idaho used to make. Now they can pass on her recipe to their friends.
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Scrub potatoes and cut in half lengthwise; place cut side up on an
- ungreased baking sheet. Brush with oil. Sprinkle with basil, onion
- salt and garlic powder. Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until
- tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 potato halves equals 167 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 237 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.