Seaside Prawn Kabobs Recipe
This very special holiday treat was sent in by Laura Barrett of Binghamton, New York. The prawns pick up wonderful flavor from the marinade, and the pineapple and peppers add beautiful color.
- 1 can (5-1/4 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 3/4 cup roasted garlic teriyaki marinade and sauce
- 16 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Drain pineapple, reserving 3 tablespoons juice; set pineapple aside. In a small bowl, combine teriyaki sauce and reserved juice; pour 3/4 cup into a large resealable plastic bag. Add shrimp; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 20 minutes. Set aside remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. On 16 small metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread one shrimp, one pineapple chunk and one red pepper chunk. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, basting with reserved marinade. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Originally published as Seaside Prawn Kabobs in Taste of Home December/January 2007, p17
Reviews for Seaside Prawn Kabobs(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Easy Appetizer Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Easy Christmas Recipes >
- Easy Finger Foods >
- Easy Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- New Year's Appetizers >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >