Seaside Gelatin Salad Recipe
This busy beach scene is easy to create when you stir crushed pineapple into berry blue gelatin, chill, then top with graham cracker crumb "sand". Add fun details with simple store-bought items like gummy fish, chocolate seashells, paper umbrellas and more.
- 4 packages (3 ounces each) berry blue gelatin
- 3 cups boiling water
- 3 cups cold water
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1-3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Candies for decorating
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold water and pineapple. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Refrigerate until set. In a bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, butter and sugar; cover and refrigerate. Just before serving, sprinkle cracker mixture over half of the gelatin to form a beach. Decorate as desired. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 138 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 119 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC