Seaside Gelatin Salad Recipe
This busy beach scene is easy to create when you stir crushed pineapple into berry blue gelatin, chill, then top with graham cracker crumb "sand". Add fun details with simple store-bought items like gummy fish, chocolate seashells, paper umbrellas and more.
- 4 packages (3 ounces each) berry blue gelatin
- 3 cups boiling water
- 3 cups cold water
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1-3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Candies for decorating
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold water and pineapple. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Refrigerate until set. In a bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, butter and sugar; cover and refrigerate. Just before serving, sprinkle cracker mixture over half of the gelatin to form a beach. Decorate as desired. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Seaside Gelatin Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p61
Reviews for Seaside Gelatin Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 3, 2011
This recipe was very simple and quick. I made it for a church activity and the kids loved it. I warmed Airheads in the microwave and used a rolling pin to flatten them out to make beach towels.