Seashell Salad Recipe
Presented in a sand pail, this festive salad features a zesty dressing that's simple to stir together. An assortment of pasta shapes resembles seashells while red and yellow peppers add color and crunch. For an extra-special touch, you could cut the peppers with a small star-shaped cookie cutter.
- 3 cups uncooked medium shell, spiral and/or wagon wheel pasta
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium sweet red pepper
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1. Cook the pasta according to package directions until tender; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl; set aside. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine vinegar, oil and seasonings; shake well. Add peppers, onions and dressing to pasta; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 222 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein .
Reviews for Seashell Salad
Reviewed Oct. 18, 2013
"An average pasta salad."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC