Seashell Salad Recipe
Presented in a sand pail, this festive salad features a zesty dressing that's simple to stir together. An assortment of pasta shapes resembles seashells while red and yellow peppers add color and crunch. For an extra-special touch, you could cut the peppers with a small star-shaped cookie cutter.
- 3 cups uncooked medium shell, spiral and/or wagon wheel pasta
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium sweet red pepper
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1. Cook the pasta according to package directions until tender; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl; set aside. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine vinegar, oil and seasonings; shake well. Add peppers, onions and dressing to pasta; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 222 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Seashell Salad
Reviewed Oct. 18, 2013
"An average pasta salad."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC