Seashell Pasta Salad Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked medium pasta shells
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large serving bowl, combine the pasta, tomatoes, green pepper, cucumber and onion.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the sugar, oil, ketchup, vinegar, salt, paprika and pepper until smooth. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 4-6 servings.
3/4 cup: 219 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 179mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Seashell Pasta Salad
"A great pasta salad that is so quick to make and keeps well! I have used different types of pasta and also added more veggies to the salad. Be sure to stir occasionally so that the dressing is distributed evenly!! I make this a day ahead and add the tomatoes a few hours before serving so they don't get too mushy."