I frequently rely on this easy, crowd-pleasing pasta salad. With plenty of colorful veggies, it goes over big every time I serve it.—Renee Durell, Fairy Glen, Saskatchewan
- 2 cups uncooked medium pasta shells
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large serving bowl, combine the pasta, tomatoes, green pepper, cucumber and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk the sugar, oil, ketchup, vinegar, salt, paprika and pepper until smooth. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Seashell Salad in Country Woman May/June 2005, p5
Reviews for Seashell Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review