Seared Scallops with Citrus Herb Sauce Recipe
- 3/4 pound sea scallops
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1. Pat scallops dry with paper towels; sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add scallops; sear for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and firm. Remove from the skillet; keep warm.
- 2. Wipe skillet clean if necessary. Saute garlic in remaining butter until tender; stir in sherry. Cook until liquid is almost evaporated; stir in the remaining ingredients. Serve with scallops. Yield: 2 servings.
3 scallops with 1-1/2 teaspoons sauce equals 314 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 691 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein.
Reviews for Seared Scallops with Citrus Herb Sauce
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.