- 6 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1-1/4 cups finely chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Dash freshly ground pepper
- Brush fillets with melted butter; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add fillets, skin side up, in batches if necessary; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork.
- In a small bowl, toss strawberries with basil, honey and pepper. Serve salmon with relish. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Seared Salmon with Strawberry Basil Relish
Sort By :
"Who would have thought to put strawberries and salmon together?! It works and is quite delicious and fresh tasting. I may try broiling the salmon next time. Even my picky hubby who only likes salmon prepared a certain way liked this recipe and called it a "keeper!""
"Wonderful and easy to prepare!"
"This was outstanding. Had to use frozen stawberries !!!!!"