Seared Salmon with Strawberry Basil Relish
Salmon and basil take a sweet new approach when topped off with a relish of strawberries, honey and pepper. —Stacy Mullens, Gresham, Oregon
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1-1/4 cups finely chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Dash freshly ground pepper
- Brush fillets with melted butter; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat
- a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add fillets, skin side up, in
- batches if necessary; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until fish
- just begins to flake easily with a fork.
- In a small bowl, toss strawberries with basil, honey and pepper.
- Serve salmon with relish. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 salmon fillet with 3 tablespoons relish equals 215 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 169 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch,