- 6 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1-1/4 cups finely chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Dash freshly ground pepper
- Brush fillets with melted butter; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add fillets, skin side up, in batches if necessary; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork.
- In a small bowl, toss strawberries with basil, honey and pepper. Serve salmon with relish. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Seared Salmon with Strawberry Basil Relish
Sort By :
"Was intrigued with the strawberries. Tried the recipe and it is delicious! Love it and will be making again....soon!!!!"
"Who would have thought to put strawberries and salmon together?! It works and is quite delicious and fresh tasting. I may try broiling the salmon next time. Even my picky hubby who only likes salmon prepared a certain way liked this recipe and called it a "keeper!""
"Wonderful and easy to prepare!"
"This was outstanding. Had to use frozen stawberries !!!!!"