Seared Salmon with Pomegranate-Thyme Butter Recipe
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the pomegranate juice, vinegar and shallot. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 8-10 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl; cool. Beat in butter and thyme.
- 2. Shape into a log; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- 3. Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, cook fillets in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 4. Unwrap pomegranate butter; cut into four slices. Place a slice on each fillet. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 430 calories, 30 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 322 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein.
Reviews for Seared Salmon with Pomegranate-Thyme Butter
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.