Seared Salmon with Pomegranate-Thyme Butter Recipe
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a small saucepan, combine the pomegranate juice, vinegar and shallot. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 8-10 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl; cool. Beat in butter and thyme.
- Shape into a log; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, cook fillets in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Unwrap pomegranate butter; cut into four slices. Place a slice on each fillet. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Seared Salmon with Pomegranate-Thyme Butter in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p56
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Seared Salmon with Pomegranate-Thyme Butter
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Fish >
- Baking Recipes >
- Butter Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >