- On a dry surface, carefully remove two sheets of phyllo dough and
- place on top of each other (keep remaining dough covered with
- plastic wrap to prevent drying). Melt remaining butter. Cut sheets
- widthwise into six strips about 2 in. wide. Lightly brush the tops
- with butter.
- Place a rounded teaspoonful of shrimp mixture near lower right corner
- of each strip. Fold left corner of dough over filling, forming a
- triangle. Fold triangle up, then fold over, forming another
- triangle. Continue folding like a flag for the length of the strip.
- Place triangles on ungreased baking sheets. Brush tops with egg
- white. Bake at 400° for 7-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm. Yield: 5-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 4 triangles equals 110 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 218 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 0.55 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.