Seafood Tortilla Lasagna Recipe
- 1 jar (20 ounces) picante sauce
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 15 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1 package (16 ounces) imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream and minced fresh cilantro, optional
- Place picante sauce in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Set aside. In a large skillet cook shrimp and cayenne in oil for about 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in cream and picante sauce; heat through.
- Spread 1/2 cup of sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with six tortillas, half of the shrimp, crab and sauce and 1-1/4 cups cheese. Repeat layers. Tear or cut remaining tortillas; arrange over cheese. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. Garnish with sour cream and minced cilantro if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Seafood Tortilla Lasagna(5)
Sort By :
Made this for a family dinner and it was a big hit. Even the picky ones loved it.
This is a favorite of our card club. We make it as a take along for vacation after the long drive.
My whole family loved it and I have toddlers and teens. Didn't have the imitation crab so substituted with some fish fillets. Also used whole milk instead of heavy cream. Want to try it with the imitation crab as everyone in my home likes it.
I have made this recipe so often since it was first published. It tastes great using flour tortilla and any combination of seafood also!
Easy to halve recipe. Tastes great without changing anything.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Lasagna Dinners >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Seafood Recipes >