Seafood Thermidor Recipe
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons Homemade Cream-Style Soup Mix
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 pound cod, haddock or orange roughy fillets, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and cut into thirds
- 2 to 3 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Combine soup mix and flour; stir into onion until blended. Gradually whisk in milk. Stir in wine or broth and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Add cod; cook for 1-1/2 minutes. Stir in shrimp; cook 1 minute longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork and shrimp turn pink. Remove from the heat; stir in mozzarella cheese and parsley until cheese is melted.
- 3. Transfer to a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle over seafood mixture. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3 minutes or until topping is golden. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup: 365 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 162mg cholesterol, 829mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 39g protein.
Reviews for Seafood Thermidor
"i like it"
"I loved this dish. Depending on what you put in it, you can vary it a lot. I will make it often."
"Tried this recipe last night for the first time. Was very good. Glad I have saved all my ToH magazines."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.