Seafood Thermidor Recipe
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons Homemade Cream-Style Soup Mix
- 1 teaspoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 pound cod, haddock or orange roughy fillets, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and cut into thirds
- 2 to 3 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Combine soup mix and flour; stir into onion until blended. Gradually whisk in milk. Stir in wine or broth and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add cod; cook for 1-1/2 minutes. Stir in shrimp; cook 1 minute longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork and shrimp turn pink. Remove from the heat; stir in mozzarella cheese and parsley until cheese is melted.
- Transfer to a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle over seafood mixture. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3 minutes or until topping is golden. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Seafood Thermidor(3)
Sort By :
i like it
I loved this dish. Depending on what you put in it, you can vary it a lot. I will make it often.
Tried this recipe last night for the first time. Was very good. Glad I have saved all my ToH magazines.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Fish >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >