Seafood-Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup cooked salad shrimp
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, rinsed, drained and cartilage removed
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickle
- 1 jar (2 ounces) chopped pimientos, drained
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 to 8 large tomatoes
- 1. Combine the first nine ingredients in a bowl; set aside. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, dill and pepper; mix well. Pour over rice mixture; toss gently. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Just before serving, cut a thin slice from the top of each tomato, or scallop top with a sharp knife. Scoop out pulp and discard, leaving a 1/2-in. thick shell. Fill each tomato with about 1/2 cup of salad. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 318 calories, 20g fat (3g saturated fat), 160mg cholesterol, 614mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Seafood-Stuffed Tomatoes
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.