- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup cooked salad shrimp
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, rinsed, drained and cartilage removed
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickle
- 1 jar (2 ounces) chopped pimientos, drained
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 to 8 large tomatoes
- Combine the first nine ingredients in a bowl; set aside. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, dill and pepper; mix well. Pour over rice mixture; toss gently. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, cut a thin slice from the top of each tomato, or scallop top with a sharp knife. Scoop out pulp and discard, leaving a 1/2-in. thick shell. Fill each tomato with about 1/2 cup of salad. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Seafood-Stuffed Tomatoes in Taste of Home June/July 1996, p39
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Seafood-Stuffed Tomatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review