Seafood-Stuffed Rainbow Trout Recipe
This is a special way to serve fresh rainbow trout, stuffed with a mixture of scallops, shrimp, rice, bacon and vegetables. But don’t wait for a special occasion to serve it—it’s easy to put together and put in the oven.
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 pan-dressed trout (about 12 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup cooked long grain rice
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons diced sweet red pepper
- 15 frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed
- 4 sea scallops, diced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 medium lemons, thinly sliced
- 1. Combine 2 tablespoons butter and the lemon juice; drizzle over trout cavities. Sprinkle with pepper; set aside.
- 2. In a small skillet, saute the rice, bacon, onion, red pepper, shrimp and scallops in oil for 5 minutes or until scallops are firm and opaque. Spoon into fish cavities. Top with lemon slices.
- 3. Brush remaining butter over a sheet of heavy-duty foil; wrap fish in foil and seal tightly. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 25-28 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Seafood-Stuffed Rainbow Trout
Reviewed Mar. 24, 2013
"Awesome tasting for any stuffed fish! Takes a little time but worth it."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC