Seafood-Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- 36 large fresh mushrooms (about 3 pounds)
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped onions
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Remove stems from mushrooms; set caps aside. Finely chop stems. In a skillet, melt 1/4 cup butter; saute stems and onions until tender.
- 2. In a bowl, combine crab and lemon juice. Add onion mixture, mayonnaise, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; mix well. Stuff into mushroom caps; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 3. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Melt remaining butter; drizzle over mushrooms. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 61 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 104 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.