Seafood-Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
Ever since I found this recipe in a magazine years ago, these seafood-stuffed morsels have been making my family and friends merry every Christmas.
- 36 large fresh mushrooms (about 3 pounds)
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped onions
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Remove stems from mushrooms; set caps aside. Finely chop stems. In a skillet, melt 1/4 cup butter; saute stems and onions until tender.
- In a bowl, combine crab and lemon juice. Add onion mixture, mayonnaise, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; mix well. Stuff into mushroom caps; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Melt remaining butter; drizzle over mushrooms. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Crab-Stuffed Mushrooms in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2004, p32
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Seafood-Stuffed Mushrooms(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Mushroom Appetizers >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- New Year's Appetizers >