Seafood Stew Recipe
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons dry red wine or chicken broth
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup drained canned whole baby clams
- 6 ounces uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 pound bay scallops
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion, red pepper and garlic in oil until tender. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, wine or broth, oregano, parsley, Worcestershire sauce and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the clams, shrimp and scallops. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and scallops are opaque. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Seafood Stew(2)
Sort By :
I doubled this recipe for our family and it was a big hit! I don't think the bay scallops added anything in terms of texture or flavor and I would probably substitute fish the next time.
Way to much sodium. Use low sodium chicken broth and no sodium tomotaoes to cut down the sodium content.
More Recipe Collections
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Cajun Stew Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Stew Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Dinner Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >