Seafood Stew Recipe
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons dry red wine or chicken broth
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup drained canned whole baby clams
- 6 ounces uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 pound bay scallops
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute the onion, red pepper and garlic in oil until tender. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, wine or broth, oregano, parsley, Worcestershire sauce and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 2. Add the clams, shrimp and scallops. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and scallops are opaque. Yield: 2 servings.
1-3/4 cup: 304 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 205mg cholesterol, 1231mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 38g protein .
Reviews for Seafood Stew
"outstanding and easy to put together. i made a few changes. i tripled the recipe. whole onion, whole pepper, etc. crushed tomatoes instead of diced. added a jar and a half of clam juice...also used the juice from the canned clams. added 6 pieces of tilapia with the shrimp. no scallops. added about a cup of heavy cream to thicken it a bit. definitely use the red wine vs broth."
"I doubled this recipe for our family and it was a big hit! I don't think the bay scallops added anything in terms of texture or flavor and I would probably substitute fish the next time."
"Way to much sodium. Use low sodium chicken broth and no sodium tomotaoes to cut down the sodium content."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.