Seafood Stew Recipe
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons dry red wine or chicken broth
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup drained canned whole baby clams
- 6 ounces uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 pound bay scallops
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute the onion, red pepper and garlic in oil until tender. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, wine or broth, oregano, parsley, Worcestershire sauce and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 2. Add the clams, shrimp and scallops. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and scallops are opaque. Yield: 2 servings.
1-3/4 cup equals 304 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 205 mg cholesterol, 1,231 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 38 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.