Seafood Soup Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound salmon fillets, skinned and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and green pepper; cook and stir until tender. Add carrots and garlic; cook 3 minutes longer. Stir in tomato sauce, tomatoes, wine and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 30 minutes.
- 2. Stir in salmon, shrimp and parsley. Cook, covered, 7-10 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork and shrimp turn pink. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 212 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 620 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Reviews for Seafood Soup
"This was yummy. I wanted to make it for a main course so added a couple of potatoes and skipped the shrimp. Also added just a few red pepper flakes to give some kick. Hubby loved it!"
"I tried this soup today it was good but I thought it needed some taste. I had never used salmon in soup now I know why."
"I made this one night for friends as a first course. Everyone loved it so much, now I make is as the main course. I get requests for this all the time now. This is the best recipe I've ever made"
"I made this as a first course to a dinner party. Instead of the salmon, I used Talapia. IT WAS FANTASTIC. Everyone that attended is still raving about how great it was. Next time, I will double the recipe and it will be the MAIN course. I highly recommend."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.