- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Pepper to taste
- 16 uncooked large shrimp (about 1/2 pound), peeled and deveined
- 8 sea scallops (about 1/2 pound)
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients. Add shrimp and scallops. Seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Discard marinade. Place shrimp and scallops on four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Seafood Skewers
"These were fantastic on the grill. If you want to tone down the heat on this dish a bit, substitute the chili sauce and hot pepper sauce for a mild-flavored barbecue sauce."
"This recipe always gets rave reviews! The first time I cooked on skewers with shrimp and scallops to bring on a picnic lunch to the horse races. Delicious cold or hot. I usually make it using jumbo shrimp and don't bother with scallops. Even makes a great appetizer by itself, rice is optional."