"My guests are always impressed when I make these special shrimp and scallop kabobs," says Carolyn Grier of Aurora, Illinois. "They taste great and look spectacular when I garnish the plate with orange slices and fresh parsley."
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Pepper to taste
- 16 uncooked large shrimp (about 1/2 pound), peeled and deveined
- 8 sea scallops (about 1/2 pound)
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five
- ingredients. Add shrimp and scallops. Seal and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Discard marinade. Place shrimp and scallops on four metal or soaked
- wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes on
- each side or until shrimp turn pink. Serve with rice. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: One serving (calculated without rice) equals 231 calories, 16 g fat (0 saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 440 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 meat, 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon