Seafood Skewers Recipe
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Pepper to taste
- 16 uncooked large shrimp (about 1/2 pound), peeled and deveined
- 8 sea scallops (about 1/2 pound)
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients. Add shrimp and scallops. Seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Discard marinade. Place shrimp and scallops on four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 231 calories, 16g fat (0 saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 440mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Seafood Skewers
"These were fantastic on the grill. If you want to tone down the heat on this dish a bit, substitute the chili sauce and hot pepper sauce for a mild-flavored barbecue sauce."
"This recipe always gets rave reviews! The first time I cooked on skewers with shrimp and scallops to bring on a picnic lunch to the horse races. Delicious cold or hot. I usually make it using jumbo shrimp and don't bother with scallops. Even makes a great appetizer by itself, rice is optional."