"My guests are always impressed when I make these special shrimp and scallop kabobs," says Carolyn Grier of Aurora, Illinois. "They taste great and look spectacular when I garnish the plate with orange slices and fresh parsley."
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Pepper to taste
- 16 uncooked large shrimp (about 1/2 pound), peeled and deveined
- 8 sea scallops (about 1/2 pound)
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients. Add shrimp and scallops. Seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Discard marinade. Place shrimp and scallops on four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Seafood Skewers in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p10
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Seafood Skewers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review