Seafood Salad Pitas Recipe
- 2 cups chopped imitation crabmeat (about 10 ounces)
- 1/2 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the crab, shrimp, celery and onions. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, seafood seasoning, salt and pepper. Pour over crab mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Spoon into pita halves. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 162 calories, 2g fat (0g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 755mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat.
Reviews for Seafood Salad Pitas
"This recipe was a nice surprise. Very good and lots of flavor. Great for healthy lunch ideas."
"I added 1/2 tsp lemon juice to the mayo mixture before tossing, and it is delicious! I will definitely make this again to have on-hand for quick lunches."