Seafood Salad Pitas
“You can make this lovely and interesting sandwich as a great, light lunch. It's so tasty and colorful,” suggests Linda Evancoe-Coble of Leola, Pennsylvania. “Or pair it with a hearty soup for a change-of-pace supper.”
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups chopped imitation crabmeat (about 10 ounces)
- 1/2 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- In a large bowl, combine the crab, shrimp, celery and onions. In a
- small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, seafood seasoning, salt and
- pepper. Pour over crab mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate
- for at least 2 hours. Spoon into pita halves. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 filled pita half equals 162 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 755 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.