“You can make this lovely and interesting sandwich as a great, light lunch. It's so tasty and colorful,” suggests Linda Evancoe-Coble of Leola, Pennsylvania. “Or pair it with a hearty soup for a change-of-pace supper.”
- 2 cups chopped imitation crabmeat (about 10 ounces)
- 1/2 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- In a large bowl, combine the crab, shrimp, celery and onions. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, seafood seasoning, salt and pepper. Pour over crab mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Spoon into pita halves. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Seafood Salad Pitas in Country Woman March/April 2007, p32
Reviews for Seafood Salad Pitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review