Seafood Rice Casserole Recipe
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) chopped clams, undrained
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray, combine the rice, onion and chilies. In a small bowl, combine clams and milk; pour over rice mixture. Sprinkle with crumbs and cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes. Yield: 4 main-dish or 8 side-dish servings.
One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with evaporated skim milk) equals 195 calories, 3 g fat (0 saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 207 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 12 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.