Seafood Potpies Recipe
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 can (4 ounces) tiny shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut out two 7-in. circles (discard scraps or save for another use). Press pastry circles onto the bottom and up the sides of two ungreased 10-oz. custard cups.
- 2. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 7-10 minutes or until golden brown. Reduce heat to 375°.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the crab, shrimp, celery, mayonnaise, green pepper, pimientos, lemon juice, onion and seafood seasoning. Spoon into hot shells. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Seafood Potpies
"My husband loved this. I mixed the cheese in with the seafood and topped it with fried onion rings. This filling was so delicious that I wouldn't use it in a crust again. I would just bake it in a casserole dish and serve it over mixed greens. Don't be surprised at the price of a can of crab meat - worth it though for a different type of supper."
"This is a favorite of ours. The variety of seafood is great. Makes a nice dinner for two."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.