Seafood Pizza Recipe
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) pizza crust mix
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 pound uncooked bay scallops, chopped
- 1/4 pound peeled and deveined cooked shrimp, chopped
- 1/4 pound imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Paprika, optional
- Prepare pizza dough according to package directions. Press onto a lightly greased 12-in. pizza pan; build up edges slightly. Prick dough thoroughly with a fork. Bake at 400° for 5-6 minutes or until crust is firm and begins to brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk and broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in Monterey Jack and Swiss cheeses until melted. Remove from the heat.
- In a large skillet, melt the remaining butter over medium heat. Add scallops; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until firm and opaque. Stir in the shrimp, crab and 3 tablespoons cheese sauce. Remove from the heat.
- Spread remaining cheese sauce over the crust. Top with the seafood mixture; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and paprika if desired. Bake for 13-16 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Seafood Pizza(2)
Sort By :
This made a fantastic pizza. Next time though, I think I'll put it over some pasta. Either way: delicious!!
Very good! I made this for my 16th birthday party and it was a hit with the family! I highly recommended it! :)