"I first prepared these sandwiches when I had to put together a quick lunch for guests and was busy until last minute," writes Judy Mynsberge of Flushing, Michigan. "I served them with bowls of nicely seasoned tomato soup and received warm compliments."
Recommended: Fresh, Balanced & Filling No-Cook Summer Dinners
- 1 can (7-1/2 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 can (4 ounces) small shrimp, rinsed and drained or 1 cup frozen cooked salad shrimp
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 3 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- 3 lettuce leaves
- In a bowl, combine the salmon, crab, shrimp, mayonnaise, celery, onion and dill. Line each pita half with lettuce; fill with seafood mixture. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Seafood Pitas in Quick Cooking March/April 2005, p56
Reviews for Seafood Pitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review