Seafood Pesto Pasta Recipe
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves, divided
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh sea scallops
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. For pesto, place 1/4 cup oil, basil, oregano, parsley and one garlic clove in a blender or food processor. Cover and process until smooth; set aside. Mince the remaining garlic. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, saute onions and minced garlic in butter and remaining oil until tender. Add the shrimp, wine or broth, lemon juice and cayenne; saute for 2 minutes. Add scallops; saute for 2 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and scallops are firm and opaque. Drain pasta; toss with pesto and Parmesan. Top with seafood mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup equals 306 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 297 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Reviews for Seafood Pesto Pasta
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.