- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves, divided
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh sea scallops
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- For pesto, place 1/4 cup oil, basil, oregano, parsley and one garlic clove in a blender or food processor. Cover and process until smooth; set aside. Mince the remaining garlic. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, saute onions and minced garlic in butter and remaining oil until tender. Add the shrimp, wine or broth, lemon juice and cayenne; saute for 2 minutes. Add scallops; saute for 2 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and scallops are firm and opaque. Drain pasta; toss with pesto and Parmesan. Top with seafood mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Seafood Pesto Pasta
Sort By :
Thumbs up! Have my own pesto recipe so I could skip that part since it was already made and frozen.
I also added and cooked with the shrimp and scallops some sun dried tomatoes, an orange bell pepper, and mushrooms.
Worked out very well that way as an all in one recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >