Seafood Pasta Recipe
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 ounces thin spaghetti
- 1/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 pound bay scallops
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. In a medium skillet, saute 1 garlic clove in 1 tablespoon butter for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, parsley, basil and tarragon; saute 2 minutes longer. Add the broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until mixture reaches desired thickness.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. In another skillet, saute remaining garlic in remaining butter for 1 minute. Add shrimp; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add scallops and cook 3 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink and scallops are firm and opaque. Add to tomato mixture. Drain pasta; transfer to a bowl. Pour seafood mixture over pasta; toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 434 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 133 mg cholesterol, 666 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Reviews for Seafood Pasta
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.